The Company will look at Acquisition opportunities using the following initial assessment criteria to define its current view on the business strategy in acquiring a target company.
Opportunities meeting the following criteria would be eligible for further evaluation:
- Fit within the focus area of the pharmaceutical and biotechnology sector
- Sustainable technological advantage
- Above average business potential
- Sound intellectual property protection or potential for patenting
- Clearly definable milestones for development
- Scientists commitment and dedication
It is possible the Board may consider Acquisitions that do not conform to all of the above framework. However in all cases, opportunities should offer the ability for the shareholders of the Company to benefit from an acquisition through increased shareholder value (measured in terms of profitability, dividend income or increased share price) in the medium to long term.